Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Alchemistry

Snuggling into bed last night with the Alchemist, I reread where Coelho says, "The universe conspires to bring you what you want." I nodded, Turned off my light and smiled in the dark.

I had just enjoyed a weekend at Lake Louise celebrating a friend's birthday. People had flown from all over the world to be there, including some of my most beloved gal pals. As with big gatherings, it was impossible to get any one-on-one time where we could talk about our aches and triumphs. I longed for more intimate time/space with them to share.

On the final run of the final day, doesn't the chairlift stop! Suspended 5 metres off the ground with 3 of the best women I know, it took an hour for me/us to notice we were going nowhere. The sun hung high enough above the mountain that we had plenty of warmth for our bodies, our souls soaked up each others' stories. And if that wasn't enough of a gift, we got to ski down an empty mountain into the arms of others who loved us enough to wait 4 hours for our descent. What a feeling!

No comments: